InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Omerta - City of Gangsters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:10 am

Omerta is the least Mafia like name I freaking know. I hate the whole Mafia setting but this game reminds me of MediaMobsters game titled 'Gangland'. This was awesome.

This game looks so similar to Gangland but I don't know what happened to the developers. I'm assuming some of them MUST be in this game somewhere. Kalypso were responsible for the awful Tropico 3 to 4 (3 and 4 were teh same game).

Video of Gangland trailer ! Like the music

--

Steam Key Features

Key Features
Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
15 unique player controlled characters each with unique personalities and backgrounds
A RPG system for development of player characters and managing their equipment
Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent gangs
15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City

Also Multiplayer and co-op.

-------

I don't like turn based. Gangland wasn't turn based.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 am

Omerta is the mafia code of silence, seems appropriate enough although a little cliche-sounding. It looks like a horrible game, I haven't liked a turn based game since Baldur's Gate and even then it was essentially real time. That Gangland one looks like it might be fun though, I love the retro feel. Might try to find a download or something, can't find it on Steam at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:10 am

Tried it. It's awful. The whole screenshot and video thing is a complete lie almost. The game plays nothing like it seems to suggest. Kalypso are an awful developer team.

However I do feel like playing Gangland. You see in Gangland you actually did the stuff. You want to drive by? You got in the car and did the drive by yourself when you wanted. You didn't select "Do drive by" and you didn't have to pay this magical money of "Firearms" to do it. Fire arms in Gangland was the guns you got and purchased or came with hired mercenaries.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wunel
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:16 am

That seems a lot more enjoyable, too many games forget just how enjoyable slogging through an hour of difficult gaming is if there is some great reward at the end of it, they just make it about instant gratification.

I've played Tropico 4 as well, a semi-enjoyable game which I have no intention of ever playing again. It was very very very repetitive, felt like endless grind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 am

Omerta might be fun to play in multiplayer. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.
To me, it's just like a browser rpg game you know, but with "real-time" fights. Couldn't explain why, but the combat system is way less dynamic than XCom, though it's turn-based too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 am

played it multiplayer. It was still awful. You just play the 'battle' mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 am

What ! There's no "big map" play ? Arh. pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:04 am

Well the 'big map' play isn't really fun either. You don't walk around the town at all. You just say "Guy #1 go and acquire this building' and then he trots off by himself to go do that.

It's shitty for several reasons;

1) You send one guy to initiate a drive by. This costs you 5 fire arms. Why does this cost fire arms? Why not just buy the guns and put them on your guys and buy a car and get in the car and do the actual drive by.

2) Once you have purchased your drive by with your one guy. He goes past the place and does a drive by animation. A few bullets go into the building. There is no panic or anything. It's very none-dramatic. Then a mission commences where any of your guys you have recruited (Max of 6 guys because Mafia gangs were never seen in greater numbers than 6) teleport to you and do this none-drive by mission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omerta - City of Gangsters   

Back to top Go down

Omerta - City of Gangsters
Page 1 of 1