InukiTV

Lets talk about all the things on the youtubes!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Populous The Beggining

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Populous The Beggining   Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 pm

The game "From Dust" was a miserable pathetic laugh. How that game was compared to populous I have no idea.

Insults aside Populous felt very similar to black and white. You could look at the game from a few angles. This isn't important I'm just ranting.

You played as the Shaman channeling energy from your God. (Thats how I see it)

You played as the God who commanded the Shaman to do your stuff (Which makes less sense because you told the shaman to tell you, as the god, what to do!)

---

The best thing about the game was the various applications of spells and the spherical earth. You could create and destroy land for crying out loud! Which meant the entire planet could look very different by the end of the game as the world was sculpted by your destruction or creation. Depending on your peaceful or anti-peaceful methods.

Again, this is another game I would love to cast just to have some closure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Populous The Beggining   Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:00 am

Same ! Populous has nothing in common with From Dust but its "era" and "God power" thingy things. And maybe the destruction, yeah.
But they're completely different games, not with the same objective nor gameplay.

I remember I had only the demo on my very old PC, and I played the first three levels hours and hours. Never get bored of this game !
If only I could find it again and get it to work on Seven. I'd even PAY for it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Populous The Beggining   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 pm

It was on deal for a long time on 'GoG'. I'm told all the games on that website that are sold are compatible with new operating systems. So that shouldn't be a problem!

Tornadoes, Fireballs, Volcanoes and those god's of death bird things with a screech more fearsome than the cliff racers in morrowind!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiwwHi
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Populous The Beggining   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:58 am

Let's create an account there and buy it then !
Though 6$ is a bit too much for an old game like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inuki
Pleb
Pleb

PostSubject: Re: Populous The Beggining   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 am

Yeah I don't know why they charge so much for old games still. It was $2.50 whilst on deal. I'm too busy to be playing it now anyway. I have to try my hardest to actually make a living for myself and then I can go back and revisit stuff and do silly things =D But thats okay. Populous the Beggining isn't going anywhere. It'll still be there for me in the future. It's not like it's actually ageing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Populous The Beggining   

Back to top Go down

Populous The Beggining
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
InukiTV :: Off Topic :: Games-
Jump to: